Win a PS5 or Xbox Series X with Leasing Options
The UK lockdown has brought a halt to sport – the on-wheels kind and otherwise.
But, inspired by the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge on Gran Turismo Sport, and spending more time indoors than we ever have before, Leasing Options has something that might fill the gap.
And there’s a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X in it for not one, but two winners*. Interested? Read on for more on The Leasing Options Virtual Track Day. Helmet and gloves optional.
How to win a PS5 or Xbox Series X
We’re all for Hamilton’s GT Sport challenge, in which he clocked 1:22.965 in the car and track mentioned below, but we reckon we can go one better.
Unlike LH’s Time Trial Challenge, a £6.49 add-on offering only in-game rewards, The Leasing Option Virtual Track Day has two PS5 or Xbox Series X consoles to give away.
Running across GT Sport on PS4 and Project Cars 2 on Xbox One (one winner from each), entrants will set a validated lap time at a specific track and in a specific car, and submit a picture or screengrab of their best time.
The fastest racers on PS4 and Xbox One will be the winners, and we’ll be in touch by email to arrange the rest, including which console is preferred – just keep an eye on your inbox and junk folder! In the unlikely event that two or more racers land on the exact same time (minutes, seconds and milliseconds), the names will be entered into a draw.
Keep scrolling for the full T&Cs, and also the lap times set by Lewis Hamilton and the Leasing Options team!
Your challenge, if you choose to accept it
The average time from our lot is 1:28.92, which isn’t a great deal slower than Hamilton’s 1:22.965. Not in gaming terms, anyhow.
Remember, you only need to be quicker than the other competition entrants to take the crown – and more importantly, the prize – although there’s extra cred if you beat us and Hamilton especially in doing so.
We’d love to see your efforts with other circuits and motors too, but if you want to be in with a chance of winning our competition, you’ll need to stick to the above!
Feel free to send us your on-track shots and clips, by tagging @LeasingOptions on Twitter and mentioning #LOVirtualTrackDay.
See below for the full terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is Leasing Options Limited of Options House, Atkin Street, Worsley, Manchester, M28 3DG. Registered in England and Wales. Company number: 02487254. Leasing Options, a credit broker, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for credit-related regulated and insurance distribution activities. Firm Reference Number: 660061.
- Entrants are eligible for winning one of two PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X consoles by submitting a valid lap time on Gran Turimso Sport (PlayStation 4) or Project Cars 2 (Xbox One), as per the below terms. As of 1 July 2020, there is no confirmed PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X release date or pre-order availability. The Promoter has signed up to console pre-order alerts and will attempt to secure a launch model. If this is not possible, the Promoter will obtain and award the prize as soon as it is possible to do so.
- If the Promoter is unable to reserve a launch model, vouchers of the same value may be offered in its place. As of writing, the pre-orders are not yet open on the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X, but are expected to open in July or August 2020.
- A PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X console will be won through each of the simultaneous strands of the competition – one through Gran Turimso Sport on PlayStation 4 and one through Project Cars 2 on Xbox One. The winner of each strand will have the choice of the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X.
- To enter, entrants must submit a validated lap time, via a picture or screengrab, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The image must contain the lap time, along with the in-game car and track, as specified below:
- Gran Turismo Sport: Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) at Brands Hatch
- Project Cars 2: 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3 at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
- If more than one player from the Gran Turismo Sport and/or Project Cars 2 strands of the competition submits the exact same time, and it is the winning time, the names will be entered into an online third-party randomiser to determine the winner(s).
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Automated or multiple entries will be void and the person disqualified. Entries from employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) of the Promoter and/or those associated with the operation or promotion of the competition are also invalid.
- The competition is only for one of two PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X consoles, or vouchers of equivalent value if the Promoter is unable to place a pre-order in reasonable time.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- There is no age restriction on this competition, but entrants below the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent and to refuse entry or to choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- In cases where entrants are under 18, the Promoter reserves the right to require the parent or guardian of the entrant confirms in writing that they agree to be bound by all terms and conditions applicable to the relevant competition and will accept any prize on behalf of a prize winner below the age of 18.
- The Promoter has the right to at any time require entrants to provide proof of identity as evidence of eligibility to participate. If an entrant fails to comply with such a request, or provides false or misleading information, the Promoter may at its discretion disqualify the entrant from the competition, or where appropriate, allocate the prize to another eligible entrant. Such a decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about a decision regarding eligibility.
- The competition is open to UK residents only. This includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date is 31 July 2020 at 11am. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The Promoter will notify the winners when the prizes will be issued.
- In the event that the prize winners cannot be contacted within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner(s).
- In the event that a prize winner is disqualified from the competition, the Promoter will select an alternative prize winner(s) under the same terms mentioned above and such selection will be subject to the same rules.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.